The School Foundation Insurance Program (SFIP) is a specialized insurance program designed to meet the liability insurance needs of not for profit education foundations. This program offers comprehensive coverage and competitive premiums.
SFIP is sponsored by the School Leaders Risk Management Association and is underwritten by Brokers’ Risk. Brokers' Risk has provided insurance coverages for not for profits, governmental agencies and public entities for over 25 years, and is dedicated to providing comprehensive coverage and superior service.
SFIP’s basic coverage includes Directors & Officers Liability with Errors & Omissions Insurance (D&O/E&O).
- Claims Made Form
- Full Prior Acts available
- Duty to Defend Form
- Broad definition of Insured which includes volunteers
- Coverage is worldwide; Claim must be made in U.S.
- Punitive Damages coverage where insurable
- $25,000 Defense sublimit for non-monetary claims
- Deductible as low as $500; Limits as high as $2,000,000 aggregate
- Low-risk Special Events covered
The basic SFIP coverage includes Directors & Officers Liability with Errors & Omissions Insurance (D&O/E&O). The limits are up to $2,000,000 per claim/policy and in the aggregate, with minimum deductibles starting at $500. School Foundation Insurance Program Helping protect your good intentions.
Employment Practices Liability
- $1,000,000 maximum sublimit
- $5,000 and up deductible
Hired and Non-Owned Automobile Liability
- $500,000 combined single limit available
- $25,000 aggregate loss sustained including Employee Theft, Forgery or Alteration, Money and Securities, Robbery or Safe Burglary
- $5,000 deductible
- Low-Risk Special Events can be added to the General Liability Policy
- High-Risk Special Events can be written on a separate policy for an additional premium
- Special Events coverage may also be purchased as a stand-alone offering
Additional Coverages Available
- D&O/E&O must be purchased before the following coverages can be elected:
General Liability Limits:
|Hired and Non-Owned Automobile Liability||$500,000|
|Fire Legal Liability||$100,000|
* including Volunteers, Products/Completed Operations and Personal & Advertising Injury